Like what you read

If you are a enjoying what you're reading please help me out. Not only am I writing this blog to better hammer out the vision God has given me but it is also an assignment for one of my master's courses. So comments and interactions are welcome. Also following the blog is very welcome and appreciated because I need a certain amount of followers to get a good grade on this assignment. Thanks and God Bless, Jocelyn

Friday, June 6, 2014

Something Missing

Continuation from last time...

His death was different. I never want to be one of those people who get all weeping and upset when someone they didn't knew or barley knew. Usually I am good at not being one of those people. This time though, it cut deeper then I expected.
   Suddenly I felt horrified when I received the news. It was like a large chunk of my heart was ripped out. I didn't understand, I would have classified him as a casual acquaints. I was so confused as to why this was so deeply upsetting to me.
   I asked God why his death was hitting me so hard. God gave me an answer. I was baptized with him! I entered into my spiritual journey, my relationship with God with him by my side. We continued on that relationship together all our lives. We were bonded together as brother and sister in Christ on February 7 1988 but we were bonded even closer spiritually because we started the journey together. Now my spiritual partner was gone from this life where I was.
   It was and sometimes still is hard to have lost the person I started and shared my relationship with God with but over time I realized some other things. I know he is not gone, He lives in those who carry on his memory but also he is with God now. Now my spiritual partner in Christ is actually up there with Christ! Instead of having a deep hole of mourning for his loss; I should think of how since he is actually with God it can only make our spiritual connection with God that we received at baptism stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment