Like what you read

If you are a enjoying what you're reading please help me out. Not only am I writing this blog to better hammer out the vision God has given me but it is also an assignment for one of my master's courses. So comments and interactions are welcome. Also following the blog is very welcome and appreciated because I need a certain amount of followers to get a good grade on this assignment. Thanks and God Bless, Jocelyn

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

From Loyalty to Untrusting


Today I went out with the bride and groom. We went and did a food tasting for the wedding. We also went and had ice cream and played mini golf like we used to. We had a great time. I had voiced my concerns to the groom before but I voiced them again. I’m scared to see our friends. We ended on such bad blood. I am actually afraid to see people I used to spend all my time with. (Honestly, I hate the fact I am afraid of them because I still love them).

He promised me that everyone made the same deal with him that I had made. All axes would be buried for the day. How sad is it that a group of people who used to feel a fierce feeling of loyalty for each other have to do that. There was a time when a simple argument would never have torn us apart like they because outsiders of our group would never have torn us apart like that. I remember when I would have fought tooth and nail for those boys. Heck, I remember some times when I tried, and other times when I grabbed some of those boys out of harm’s way before things got to dangerous.

What happened? What got in the way of that? I want those feelings of love towards them still without the constant need to fight to prove it like I had back then, I wonder if that is possible? For years in that group, no one ever questioned anyone’s loyalty because friendship ruled. When did that go south? How can I translate those feelings of dedication and companionship into the friendships I see in the children’s in my classrooms today and how can I use the loyalties I showed then as a symbol to these children that I can be trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment