Like what you read

If you are a enjoying what you're reading please help me out. Not only am I writing this blog to better hammer out the vision God has given me but it is also an assignment for one of my master's courses. So comments and interactions are welcome. Also following the blog is very welcome and appreciated because I need a certain amount of followers to get a good grade on this assignment. Thanks and God Bless, Jocelyn

Friday, June 13, 2014

If today is a day that the Lord has mad; Sometimes he can be mean


Worst Day at the Post Office EVER!! Before today I loved my job. Before today I was really hedging on looking for a new job even though I knew I would have to start looking for one eventually. Today. After I finish this post, I am going to start sending out applications.

I requested off yesterday. Now when I say that, I mean I requested 3 mos. ago to be off work for migraine treatments yesterday. I ending up having to request the day 3 times!! My Administrative Post Office (APO) kept “losing” my form. Last week I sent emails to the postmaster and all the supervisors of my APO asking if they had coverage for yesterday. I didn’t hear anything for 2 days. Everyday our USPS emails are full of postmasters saying they have ppl looking for work or it is some sort of emergency and they need a sub quick. So I did that. I sent a mass email just like everyone else, this is the second time in three years I have ever done anything like this. I made a point in the email to write that it was not the current APO postmaster’s fault I did not have coverage that it was the pm who had just left. That same day I got a phone call from one of the supervisors at the APO. She yelled at me but I saw that coming. She just kept telling me how the postmaster was upset, the postmaster was offended and how hard the postmaster worked. She was telling me how I should have approached them first. [Obviously these people do not check their inboxes unless it is something big because I informed her how I did that. I also reminded her that the supervisor I was talking to was the very one who less than a month before was pissed off that the new postmaster wasn’t helping her and told me if I could resolve my own staffing issues to do it]. The only really important thing that happened out of that phone call was that she assured me I would be covered for yesterday.

I come into work today and there is a very angry man waiting for me. He’s yelling at me because No one was here at 1pm yesterday and again at 3pm. I spent the next 2 hours getting angry complaints from customers with similar stories. I had two days’ worth of mail waiting for me and all my data that has timestamps and the caller id on the phone proved their story. My post office box holders come in like clockwork and they confirmed the story. If my office was open at all it was open from 3:30 to 4:15! That’s it.
To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment