Like what you read

If you are a enjoying what you're reading please help me out. Not only am I writing this blog to better hammer out the vision God has given me but it is also an assignment for one of my master's courses. So comments and interactions are welcome. Also following the blog is very welcome and appreciated because I need a certain amount of followers to get a good grade on this assignment. Thanks and God Bless, Jocelyn

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Casting of My Vision


My last post was about friends. Friends that I had what felt like a lifetime ago but were very vital in shaping who I am today. These guys were my brothers. I still hold them in my heart as my brothers. But there was a darkness attached to it as well.

As much as we loved each other and showed a fierce loyalty to each other there was also loyalty based on the things we did. We had a tendency (a decade ago) to break rules. The rules we broke were for the most, part small rules. They were rules like no photography or videotaping on mall property. We did a lot of things on mall property that we were not supposed to. In fact there is a list of roughly thirty things that cannot be done on our mall’s property and we have broken every rule at least once.

But we did other things too. These guys are only part of three deciding moments that made me chose to follow God in the way I have. Most of the years I was with them I let the smoking and the drinking just happen around me and I did nothing to stop it. I was scared. I liked my friends and I didn’t want to lose them by being a “goody two shoes” besides, I wasn’t perfect either.

That last year I hung out with them I joined in full force. I was a freshman in college and my sister kept jokingly telling me that college was the place to do those things. If I was going to do them in college I wanted to do them with the friends I trusted more than anyone.

One friend got out of the group and found God 2 yrs. before I left. He was big into drugs before he found God. His vision became helping teens out of the drug life he had and keeping others from ever getting there. I liked his vision a lot and I really wanted to support him. I still do. I feel my vision connects with that but that is not my vision. His vision is abortive, I want mine to be more preventative.

No comments:

Post a Comment